Saturday, September 26, 2009

Monkeys love bananas and so do I!

I {heart} bananas. I like bananas by themselves. I like bananas in cookies and muffins and bread. I like them raw and frozen and baked. I just love bananas.

I wanted to share one of my favorite banana recipes with you all. It's for banana nut muffins. Mmmmm....

{Banana Nut Muffins}
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup almonds
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup raisins {optional!}
1 cup mashed ripe bananas {about 2 or 3 bananas}
1 egg
1/3 cup oil or applesauce
3 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
1/4 cup plain yogurt {dairy or nondairy}


In a blender mix the almonds and oats.
















Put the almonds-oats mixture into a mixing bowl and combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix them together. Stir in the raisins if you're going to use them.











Now add the other ingredients, and mix everything together!











After everything is mixed, you can spoon the batter into a muffin pan. Then put the muffin pan in a preheated 370 degree oven for 20 minutes.











Once they are all done, take them out of the oven and let them cool. Once cooled, they are ready to eat... and super yummy!

3 comments:

{B} said...

Mmmmm, muffins. :) I love your domesticity.

Gabe said...

Yeah, I'm not sure what happened. Something changed when Gabe came around. However, I do love muffins so there's a benefit to all of this.

Gabe said...

I will add that almonds are not completely necessary. I add them because they are a good source of vitamin E and (I think) protein. They also add some wonderful flavor. However, you can omit them entirely or add other nuts if you don't have almonds.

Post a Comment

 
Made by Lena