Monday, October 5, 2009

More bananas!

Have I mentioned my love for bananas? Mmmmm....

{Banana Bread}
1 cup mashed ripe bananas {about 2 or 3 bananas}
3/4 cup chopped nuts
3 tbsp oil
1/2 cup honey or molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup white bread flour
1/2 cup wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda {the picture shows baking powder, but it should be baking soda}
1/4 tsp salt

First you need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Then mash the bananas. You can do this with a potato masher, in the blender, or however else you can come up with. We do it in the blender, and chop the nuts at the same time. If you do this, you'll want to add the nuts slowly so they get chopped up well.

Once your bananas and nuts are mashed and chopped, mix them with the honey, oil, and vanilla extract.











Now you want to add the other ingredients (flour, baking soda and salt), and mix everything together.











Once everything is all mixed together, scoop the mixture out into a lightly oiled loaf pan. Mama likes to use spray oil for this. She also has a loaf pan that is a little too big, but it's okay. The bread still turns out great!











The bread should be baked for 45 minutes. Then let it cool, and eat it!











On minute 43 of the bread baking today, I smooshed my fingers in a drawer. Mama had to come snuggle with me until about minute 60, but the bread turned out okay. Hooray!!

2 comments:

{B} said...

I made banana bread last week...i'm still reaping the benefits. :D

Gabe said...

I love baked goods, and I think banana bread is one of my favorites. Mmmmm...

Post a Comment

 
Made by Lena